Battle Ground Real Estate Market Activity Slowing Down for December 2010
Homes for Sale in Battle Ground Washington taking a break from the Holidays Earlier in January we checked in with the Battle Ground MLS to see what happened
and Cold Weather...
with the real estate statistics and trends within the confines of the Battle Ground zip code 98604, for Battle Ground Homes For Sale in December. Here is what we have to report when we gathered the home sales information:
From this quick view we seea modest decrease in the Total Active Inventory however,
unlike other areas nearby there is a slight decrease in the proportion of distressed properties. This month the 3rd Party + Pre-Foreclosures + Foreclosures combined are about 33.0% of the Active homes listed (a 1.2 point decrease from last month), and they represent about 54.5% of the homes going under contract (this item has jumped up from 40% from last month).
The table below is from the RMLS, showing the past 3 months of activity (you may
right-click on the image and follow your browser's instructions)
Key items we are looking for in a market turnaround are not just an increase in the number of transactions but, an increase in the non-Pre-Foreclosure / Foreclosure Sold category. In our opinion that ratio has taken another big jump owing to the third and hopefully final wave of foreclosures, in addition to most banks resuming foreclosures after the nation-wide scandal on faulty procedures.
The Chart Below compares Battle Ground Home Sale Prices (currently
steady price trend) and Trends with other nearby Towns: Brush Prairie, Ridgefield and La Center Washington:
Clearly Battle Ground home sales prices have continued to be relatively stable for most of this year, while nearby Brush Prairie and Ridgefield have been struggling.
If you are looking to sell your home in Battle Ground, Vancouver or another part of Clark County Washington in this challenging market time please call or e-mail us with the details of your situation and we'll customize a marketing plan to get your Clark County Home Sold!
1) 3rd Party = the sales contract requires the approval of a third party; and includes Short-Sales, Trust Sales, Relocation Company sales, etc.
2) PreForeclosures = aka Short-Sales are homes where the lending bank(s) agrees to take less, allowing a sales transaction to take place.
3) Foreclosures = aka REO's and Bank Owned Homes, already Foreclosed by the Lender(s).
4) PENDING = listed homes that have been marked as under contract by the listing agent during the past 30 days.
5) SOLD = listed homes that have been marked as closed sales by the listing agent in the past 30 days. Note: some of these sold homes may have been "pending sales" for far more than 30 days!
Disclaimer: this information is drawn using custom search parameters from the predominant MLS system covering Vancouver Washington and is not guaranteed to be accurate.
Current Vancouver WA Real Estate Market Reports:
- Clark County and Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Update Report for December 2010
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for December 2010
- Camas WA Real Estate | Market Report for December 2010
- Battle Ground Real Estate | Market Report and Statistics for December 2010
- Vancouver WA Real Estate | Market Report for November 2010
- Clark County WA Real Estate | Market Report for November 2010
- Battle Ground WA Real Estate | Market Report November 2010
- Camas Real Estate | Market Update Report for November 2010
- La Center WA Real Estate | Market Update November 2010
- Ridgefield WA Real Estate | Market Report for November 2010
- Washougal WA Real Estate | Market Report for November 2010
The above information was provided by John Slocum and Kathryn Alexander, recognized as one of the top teams at Vancouver WA REMAX . We hope you enjoy the information in our posts, including videos on real estate and Homes for sale in Vancouver Washington and the rest of Clark County.
Thinking of selling your home in this market? We have the insight and passion for selling homes to get you moving!
For Southwest Washington homes and Real Estate in Vancouver WA visit Real Estate Vancouver WA. If your interest is in foreclosures, pre-foreclosures (short sale homes) ; and when looking for Bank Owned Homes in Vancouver Washington we have our website set up for you to easily search for each of these categories!
PS - Nobody sells more homes than RE/MAX. Look to the Alexander ~ Slocum Team
for your Vancouver WA real estate! These are other popular recent searches on our website:
Camas WA Real Estate
Luxury Homes Vancouver WA
Vancouver WA Homes For Sale